Practice Area: Actions Against the Police
Kemi Spector joined Imran Khan & Partners in September 2015 shortly after qualifying as a solicitor. She also holds a Masters degree in Education and Social Research. Kemi has a steadfast commitment to public interest work and started her legal career advising on education law with a national charity before qualifying as a solicitor. She completed her legal training with another leading civil liberties firm which included work on behalf of victims of trafficking.
Kemi works to address failures by the police and other public bodies including local authorities, government departments and NHS Trusts. She has experience of bringing claims for false imprisonment, assault, malicious prosecution, breach of privacy, negligence, claims under the Human Rights Act 1998 and discrimination contrary to the Equality Act 2010.
Telephone number: 020 7404 3004
- Assault claim on behalf of a child with a learning disability restrained by use of a police dog.
- Claim against a police force brought under the Human Rights Act 1998 for failure to investigate serious sexual assault.
- Negligence claim against a local authority following serious failings that caused the death of a child in its care.
- Claim against a local authority arising from the arbitrary removal of a child from her family.
- Inquest into the death of a vulnerable young woman who was under the care of an NHS mental health trust.